Effective Date: February 1, 2024
If you have a disability, you may access this Privacy Statement in an alternative format by emailing us at email@example.com.
Our Commitment to You:
The Inked Land Company Privacy Statement outlines:
- Information Collection: What information we collect from you when you interact with our Services.
- Use of Information: How we use and process the information we receive.
- Sharing and Disclosure: If and why personal data may be disclosed to third parties.
“Personal Data” means any information that identifies or relates to a particular individual and includes information referred to as “personally identifiable information” or “personal information” under applicable data privacy laws, rules, or regulations.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the extent we process Personal Data in the role of a processor or service provider on behalf of our customers for any products and services other than the Services, including where we offer to our customers various products and services through which our customers (or their affiliates) collect, use, share or process Personal Data via our products and services.
For detailed privacy information related to an Inked Land Company customer or a customer affiliate who uses Inked Land Company products and services other than the Services as the controller, please contact our customer directly. We are not responsible for our customers’ privacy or data security practices, which may differ from those explained in this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement does not cover the practices of companies we don’t own or control or people we don’t manage.
Personal Data of Children:
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data about children under 18 years of age; if you are a child under the age of 18, please do not attempt to use the Services or send us any Personal Data. If we learn we have collected Personal Data from a child under 18 years of age, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe a child under 18 years of age may have provided Personal Data to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect:
We collect Personal Data about you from the following sources:
- When you provide such information directly to us.
- When you register or subscribe to receive our Services.
- When you use our interactive tools on the Services.
- When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services or responses to surveys or questionnaires.
- When you send us an email or otherwise contact us.
- When you use the Services, information is collected automatically through cookies, as described in our Cookie Notice.
- If you use a location-enabled browser, we may receive information about your location.
Social Networks/Social Media
If you provide your social network/social media account credentials or otherwise sign into the Services through a third-party site or service, some content and/or information in those accounts may be transmitted into your account with us.
Third-Party Vendors and Advertising Partners
- We may use analytics providers to analyze how you interact and engage with the Services, or third parties may help us provide you with customer support.
- We may use vendors to obtain information to generate leads.
- We receive information about you from some of our vendors who assist us with marketing or promotional services related to how you interact with our Services, advertisements, or communications.
How We Use Your Information:
- Providing, Customizing, and Improving our Services
- Providing you with the information you requested.
- Meeting or fulfilling the reason you provided the information to us.
- Providing support and assistance for the Services.
- Improving the Services, including testing, research, internal analytics, and product development.
- Personalizing the Services, website content, and communications based on your preferences.
- Doing fraud protection, security, and debugging.
- Carrying out other business purposes stated when collecting your Personal Data or as otherwise set forth in applicable data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”).
Marketing our Services
- Marketing and selling our products and services.
Corresponding with You
- Responding to correspondence we receive from you, contacting you when necessary or requested, and sending you information about our products and services.
- Sending emails and other communications according to your preferences or displaying content that interests you.
Meeting Legal Requirements and Enforcing Legal Terms
- Fulfilling our legal obligations under applicable law, regulation, court order or other legal process, such as preventing, detecting, and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities.
- Protecting the rights, property, or safety of you, Inked Land Company or another party.
- Responding to claims that any posting or other content violates third-party rights.
- Resolving disputes.
Categories of Third Parties with whom we share Personal Data:
We disclose your Personal Data to the third parties listed in this section. Depending on state laws that may be applicable to you, some of these disclosures may constitute a “sale” of your Personal Data. For more information, please refer to the state-specific sections below.
Service Providers. These parties help us provide the Services or perform business functions on our behalf. They include:
- Hosting, technology, and communication providers.
- Security and fraud prevention consultants.
- Support and customer service vendors.
Advertising Partners. These parties help us market our products and services and provide you with other offers that may be of interest to you. They include:
- Ad networks.
- Data brokers.
- Marketing providers.
- Social media services
Analytics Partners. These parties provide analytics on web traffic or usage of the Services. They include:
- Companies that track how users found or were referred to the Services.
- Companies that track how users interact with the Services.
Business Partners. These parties partner with us in offering various services. They include:
- Businesses that you have a relationship with.
- Companies that we partner with to offer joint promotional offers or opportunities.
Parties You Authorize, Access, or Authenticate
- Third parties you access through the Application.
- Social media services.
- Other users.
We utilize industry-standard security measures to protect your information. While we take precautions, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data. If a security breach occurs, we will attempt to notify you electronically.
We retain Personal Data about you for as long as necessary to provide you with our Services. In some cases, we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, collect fees owed, or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule, or regulation. We may further retain information in an anonymous or aggregated form where that information would not identify you personally.
California Resident Rights:
If you are a California resident, you have the rights set forth in this section. Please see the “Exercising Your Rights” section below for instructions on exercising these rights. Please note that we may process Personal Data of our customers’ end users or employees in connection with our provision of certain services to our customers. If we are processing your Personal Data as a service provider, you should contact the entity that collected your Personal Data in the first instance to address your rights with respect to such data.
If there are any conflicts between this section and any other provision of this Privacy Statement and you are a California resident, the portion that is more protective of Personal Data shall control to the extent of such conflict. If you have any questions about this section or whether any of the following rights apply to you, please contact us at email@example.com
You have the right to request certain information about our collection and use of your Personal Data over the past 12 months. In response, we will provide you with the following information:
- The categories of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which that Personal Data was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Data.
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data.
- The specific pieces of Personal Data that we have collected about you.
You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Data collected about you. Under the CCPA, this right is subject to certain exceptions. For example, we may need to retain your Personal Data to provide you with the Application or complete a transaction or other action you have requested. If your deletion request is subject to one of these exceptions, we may deny your deletion request.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the rights described above, you or your Authorized Agent (defined below) must send us a request that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected Personal Data and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate and respond to it. Each request that meets both criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use Personal Data provided in a Valid Request to verify your identity and complete your request. You do not need an account to submit a Valid Request.
We will work to respond to your Valid Request within 45 days of receipt. We will not charge you a fee for making a Valid Request unless your Valid Request(s) is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that your Valid Request warrants a fee, we will notify you of the fee and explain that decision before completing your request.
You may submit a Valid Request using the following methods:
Call us at: +1 970-200-8545
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also authorize an agent (an “Authorized Agent”) to exercise your rights on your behalf. To do this, you must provide your Authorized Agent with written permission to exercise your rights on your behalf, and we may request a copy of this written permission from your Authorized Agent when they make a request on your behalf.
Personal Data Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In
We will not sell your Personal Data and have not done so over the last 12 months.
We Will Not Discriminate Against You for Exercising Your Rights Under the CCPA
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. We will not deny you our goods or services, charge you different prices or rates, or provide you with lower-quality goods and services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Other State Law Privacy Rights:
California Resident Rights
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to contact us to prevent disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes; to submit such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
Nevada Resident Rights
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt out of the sale of certain Personal Data to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Data. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your Personal Data as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
Privacy Notice for EU Residents:
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) concerning your Personal Data as outlined below.
For this section, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage, and disclosure.
Inked Land Company may process Personal Data of our customers’ end users or employees in connection with our provision of services to customers, and we are the processor of any such Personal Data. Please contact your employer, the controller party, in the first instance to address your rights with respect to such data. Inked Land Company may also be the controller of Personal Data processed in connection with the Services.
Personal Data We Collect
The “Information We Collect” section details the Personal Data we collect from you.
Personal Data use and Processing Grounds
The “Our Commercial or Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Data” section above explains how we use your Personal Data.
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity, and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
We process the following categories of Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity,” meaning that we need to process the data to perform under our Terms of Service with you, which enables us to provide you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
- Account login information
- Profile or contact data
We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties. Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products, and services
- Marketing of our products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
Other Processing Grounds:
From time to time, we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
Sharing Personal Data
The “How We Use Your Information” section above details how we share your Personal Data with third parties.
EU Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights or to submit a request, please email email@example.com. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law. However, in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary, to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Inked Land Company’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Transfers of Personal Data
The Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through Inked Land Company and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to Inked Land Company in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize Inked Land Company to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S. pursuant to (i) a data processing agreement incorporating standard data protection clauses promulgated by the European Commission, (ii) binding corporate rules for data protection that align with the GDPR’s requirements, or (iii) adherence to an industry- or technology-specific approved code of conduct blessed by the European Commission.
Changes to This Policy:
If you have questions about this statement or our handling of personal information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.